CNC Mill Turn vs. Conventional CNC Lathe and CNC Mill
Material: 7075l Aluminum.
Standard Aircraft Style Gland, 4.0 inch diameter x 4.0 inch Length.
The part pictured on the right was traditionally machined on a CNC Lathe in 2 (two) operations and milled on a vertical machine in (2) two operations.
The same part is machined in one primary operation on a MILL TURN Multi Tasking Machine.
Mill Turn vs. Traditional Summary
- 10 minutes machining vs. 15 minutes machining conventional process
- 50 % less handling and move time
- 50 % more deburring on the machine, less hand work
- Cost savings to customer of 35%
- Lead time reduction significant